Technical Account Manager
Mailgun is a high-growth, developer-focused email sending platform designed to attach to customers’ applications to provide high-volume email automation.
A Y-Combinator success story, Mailgun was founded in 2010 and acquired by Rackspace in 2012. In of February 2017, Mailgun spun back out as a standalone business focused on profitable growth. Mailgun is headquartered in San Antonio and has remote teams in San Francisco and Austin. The platform serves customers like Slack, Github, and Reddit, all of which rely on Mailgun to deliver email services for their core business needs.
A Technical Account Manager at Mailgun is what we like to call a customer advocate for our clients utilizing our Managed service. A TAM is responsible for owning the relationship with their clients and any and all of the client’s issues from understanding what the issue is, to effectively communicating to any internal stakeholders, and following through to resolution of the issue. The TAM is the primary dedicated POC for their clients and are critical in keeping their clients engaged and helping Mailgun meet its retention goals.
- Collaborate directly with the Sales team to onboard new and existing customers into the Managed service
- Work closely with clients to understand their business and how it relates to email so that the client can effectively use Mailgun to reach their business goals
- Work closely with clients to ensure they understand and are able to implement email best practices that align with their business needs and to help improve overall email deliverability
- Use tools to proactively monitor Sender Scores, blacklists, delivery rates, etc and work with the client to fix any issues that may arise, as well as provide guidance on how to avoid these issues
- Ensure clients and Mailgun are in compliance with SLAs, TOS, AUP etc
- Work with the Sales team to identify revenue growth opportunities through utilization of new services and/or contract renewals
- Develop and maintain strong product knowledge of Mailgun and its competitors to properly support their clients, as well as evangelize new product features as they are released
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with both clients and internal teams
- Strong technical background with the ability to effectively communicate issues to a wide variety of client contacts
- Experience with email systems, DNS, Telnet, APIs
- Strong project and time management skills, to include prioritization of multiple tasks across potentially dozens of clients
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), critical thinking and analytical skills
- 2+ years of experience in an Account Management, Technical Support or similar client facing role where you are the primary POC for a strategic customer
- A technical understanding of email and email delivery
- Experience with a programming language such as Python or PHP and scripting
- Bachelor's degree