Support Leader - Director
Mailgun is looking for an energetic, tech-savvy, and creative leader to enable our Support administrators to be wildly successful. You’ll be joining our exceptional Support team to drive huge impact in a fun and exciting company with significant growth potential. As a Support Leader, you’ll be instrumental in building good customer and support experiences, mentoring and recruiting highly talented Support Administrators, and ensuring Mailgun meets its support goals.
Mailgun combines bleeding edge SaaS technology with industry leading support to ensure optimal customer success when sending automated transactional and marketing emails. Focused on developers, Mailgun provides powerful APIs designed to attach to our customer’s application to enable effortless sending, receiving, and tracking of emails.
Mailgun is a Y-Combinator success story that founded in February 2010. In August of 2012 Rackspace acquired Mailgun to complement its cloud portfolio. As of February of 2017 Mailgun is is back to being a standalone business focused on profitable growth. The team is divided between San Francisco, Austin, and San Antonio and serve customers like Slack, Github, and Uservoice, all of which rely on Mailgun to deliver services key their core business needs.
- Build an operationally excellent support organization ready to serve customers in a high growth environment.
- Ensure the Support team builds and maintains a low ticket ratio of touch to close
- Be an expert in the SaaS and be able to answer initial questions from customers
- Intermediate working knowledge of and ability to follow company processes and procedures.
- Strong project management skills on a small scale.
- Full understanding on how to apply SLAs and remedies.
- Strong time management skills.
- Be the voice of customers, advocate for their needs and collaborate with Engineering to inform the product roadmap
- Develop a trusting relationship with customers. Respond to and resolve inbound support issues post-implementation
- Identify and make recommendations for ways to improve our processes, tools, and materials to enhance the customer experience
- Highly collaborative, proactive, curious, self-starter, and always interested in learning.
- Clear communicator and effective problem-solving skills .
- Skilled in providing virtual presentations, online webinars, and remote troubleshooting.
- Ability to build professional and trusting relationships with customers and other Mailgun leaders.
- Works well on a small team and across departments in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- 5+ years support experience (SaaS preferred).
- 3+ years of management experience
- 4+ year Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Technical aptitude and curiosity for innovation.
- Experience with ZenDesk, Hubspot (or CRM) and/or Google Apps