Senior Software Developer – Reputation Team
Mailgun is hiring a senior software developer to join our reputation team. The team’s mission is to help our customers build a great sending reputation while fighting the bad guys sending SPAM. Empower customers with the tools they need to truly deliver their message! Create state of the art control systems to ensure the best sending infrastructure ever! Our ideal candidate is a full stack engineer with a passion for data science, jack-of-all-trades who can do extensive research and turn the findings into code.
Mailgun has a distributed engineering team and will consider qualified candidates anywhere in the world. We also have engineering offices in San Francisco, Austin, San Antonio, and Nizhny Novgorod (Russia).
- We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun)
- We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you are responsible for not only building great software, but ensuring it is operating properly once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- Create and analyze data streams.
- Develop machine learning models and incorporate them into existing services.
- Develop new features to improve the capabilities of the Mailgun offering.
- Refactor existing Python services leveraging Go and a microservice architecture.
- Maintain and scale existing infrastructure.
- Participation in the on-call rotation.
- BS in Computer Science or related area.
- Education in machine learning, statistics or related, self-taught or e-learning is accepted.
- 4+ years of a relevant work experience.
- Experience with machine learning, statistics or related.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Experience working with Python and/or Go.