Senior Software Developer – Frontend Development
Mailgun is hiring a senior software developer to join our frontend development team. The team's mission is to present Mailgun's portfolio features in such a way that is easily digestible by customers. As part of this team, you will be responsible for writing and maintaining user interfaces that empower customers to solve their problems. You must be able to clearly present a feature set to a customer clearly.
Mailgun is a high-growth, developer-focused email sending platform designed to attach to customers' applications to provide high-volume email automation. It was a Y-Combinator company acquired by Rackspace in August 2012. In February 2017, Mailgun spun back out as its own business focused on profitable growth. The platform serves customers like Slack, Github, and Uservoice, all of which rely on Mailgun to deliver services for their core business needs.
We have a distributed engineering team and maintain engineering offices in San Francisco, Austin, San Antonio, and Nizhny Novgorod (Russia).
- We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun)
- We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you are responsible for not only building great software, but ensuring it is operating properly once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- Develop new features to improve the capabilities of the Mailgun offering.
- Maintain and scale existing infrastructure.
- Participation in the on-call rotation.
- 3+ years of a relevant work experience.
- Experience interfacing with RESTful web services.
- Experience in building sites utilizing HTML and CSS3.
- Preferred experience using React and Redux.
- Experience working with Python and/or Go is a plus.
- Experience working with MongoDB and/or Cassandra is a plus.