Sales Development Representative
Mailgun is a high-growth, developer-focused email sending platform designed to attach to customers’ applications to provide high-volume email automation.
A Y-Combinator success story, Mailgun was founded in 2010 and acquired by Rackspace in 2012. In of February 2017, Mailgun spun back out as a standalone business focused on profitable growth. Mailgun is headquartered in San Antonio and has remote teams in San Francisco and Austin. The platform serves customers like Slack, Github, and Reddit, all of which rely on Mailgun to deliver email services for their core business needs.
Mailgun is looking for an energetic, tech-savvy, and creative individual to join our exceptional sales and marketing team. As a Sales Development Representative, you'll be instrumental in responding quickly to inbound leads, developing new opportunities with outbound prospects, and serving as the customer's first impression of Mailgun. You'll also have opportunities to assist our Marketing, Customer Experience, and Sales teams as needed and gain additional experience in the field of your choice. Mailgun has a fast-growing customer base which ranges from startups to enterprise corporations in a multitude of verticals.
- Respond with lightning speed to inbound leads
- Collaborate with Sales team members to effectively schedule demos with a high rate of conversion
- Be an expert in the SaaS and be able to answer initial questions from sales prospects
- Learn, define, and share best practices in the performance management process with customers
- Be the voice of customers, advocate for their needs, and collaborate with Engineering to inform the product roadmap
- Develop a trusting relationship with customers. Respond to and resolve inbound support issues post-implementation
- Identify and make recommendations for ways to improve our processes, tools, and materials to enhance the customer experience
- Assist Marketing with testing, execution, and reporting on lead quality
- Work closely with a dynamic group of companies in our investment portfolio
- Highly collaborative, proactive, and curious self-starter who's always interested in learning
- Strong written communication skills
- Extremely, extremely organized
- Works well on a small team and across departments in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, or other CRM and/or Google Apps a plus