Product Marketing Specialist
Mailgun is a high-growth, developer-focused email sending platform designed to attach to customers’ applications to provide high-volume email automation.
A Y-Combinator success story, Mailgun was founded in 2010 and acquired by Rackspace in 2012. In February 2017, Mailgun spun back out as a standalone business focused on profitable growth. Mailgun is headquartered in San Antonio and has remote teams in San Francisco and Austin. The platform serves customers like Slack, Github, and Reddit, all of which rely on Mailgun to deliver email services for their core business needs.
Mailgun is looking for a talented Marketing Specialist with a background in product marketing and communications. You’ll be joining our exceptional marketing & sales team to drive huge impact in a fun and exciting company with significant growth potential. As a Product Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for driving growth and usage of Mailgun’s Email Validation API. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience marketing SaaS products and coordinating go-to-market strategies.
- Collaborate across business functions to deliver effective go-to-market campaigns to meet business growth objectives
- Identify and analyze all market drivers affecting adoption of new product offerings
- Research trends and competitor campaigns and differentiate the benefits of each product offering
- Make the team laugh
- Establish a regular cadence of new product communication with our customers and partners
- Address near, mid- and long-term objectives to meet each stage of the buyer's journey
- Coordinate with designers and writers to produce marketing materials
- Draft, edit, proofread and improve content for target personas with the goal of optimizing path to conversion for specific products
- Identify opportunities to form strategic partnerships in the marketplace that improve adoption
- Execute marketing, promotion, and sales strategy for email validations and other new product sets
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field
- Growth mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Ability to analyze and evaluate campaign performance
- Experience with analytics tools as well as CRM & customer communication platforms
- Aptitude for highly technical concepts
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Have a sense of humor
- HTML/CSS coding experience
- Proficient in Hubspot or Salesforce