Application Administrator I
Mailgun is a high-growth, developer-focused email sending platform designed to attach to customers’ applications to provide high-volume email automation.
Mailgun is a Y-Combinator success story that founded in 2010 and acquired by Rackspace in 2012. In of February 2017, Mailgun spun back out as a standalone business focused on profitable growth. Mailgun is headquartered in San Antonio and has remote teams in San Francisco and Austin. The platform serves customers like Slack, Github, and Reddit, all of which rely on Mailgun to deliver email services for their core business needs.
Mailgun is hiring a Application Administrator to support our customer base. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for helping customers via different support mediums (tickets, chats, phones) as they onboard and utilize our service.
We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun)
We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you are responsible for not only building great software, but ensuring it is operating properly once it’s been deployed.
We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- A firm understanding of email receipt and delivery (POP, IMAP, and SMTP).
- Knowledge of concepts surrounding email composition, specifically MIME standards and formatting.
- Knowledge of email deliverability techniques such as IP and domain reputation, SPF/DKIM authentication, and spam filtering.
- Ability to execute commands and diagnose and resolve issues in the following: Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, C#.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and how to integrate with a customer solution.
- Foundational understanding of Cloud Computing technologies. Familiarity with the various client and server operating system used by customers (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX).
- Proactive sense of urgency with respect to customer service and communication.
- Strong organization, communication, learning, problem-solving, documentation, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work with a physically distributed team and work a flexible schedule to cover shifts.
- Handles level-appropriate customer support requests primarily via phone, tickets, and chat.
- Escalates support requests as necessary through the appropriate channels.
- Documents all customer support phone calls/chats via the ticketing system.
- Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond expectations.
- Fosters a strong working relationship with other departments including but not limited to Sales, Operations, DCOPs, and Support.
- Exercises good judgment and decision-making at all times in order to consistently deliver superior customer outcomes.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related certifications such as CompTIA+, Microsoft MCTS, and RHCSA preferred.
- Customer service and phone support experience preferred.
- Email and deliverability knowledge preferred.